Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Small Miracle


Soon after Levi (my son) left to return to Montana, I went to look up a word in the dictionary. It was an "f" word, and this dictionary is rather chunky. Meaning it is about 1 1/2" thick but compact. It is community property, and resides on the sharing shelf at Winnings. So I walked over to the bookcase, and in a standing position, reached up and took it in my hands. At the same moment a sad thought of seperation which only a mother ....Possibly one who has breastfed and worn her children in slings and front packs and backpacks would experience.... a type of seperation anxiety or melancholey... of being far away came over me. And as I split the dictionary randomly and looked inside to see which way to turn to find the word beginning with the letter f which I was unfamiliar with..... looked straight at the word " Levi "on the page. Could I have opened it to that page if I tried? Doubtfully. And I was looking for a word beginning with f. So.... it seemed to be a miracle! The message was, to trust God. For God is all knowing and cares for us.

2 comments:

Levi Lusko said...

you also opened right up to Leviathan-the mythical beast from the book of job...maybe you are supposed to go find it/ just a thought

Sky Lusko said...

No I looked straight at Levi. Ha Ha. love Mom