Friday, July 3, 2009

McCauley Hot Springs


Ok this is so behind but....actually warm springs. And a hike that was a bit too much for me at altitude. With a small additional hike first to Jemez Falls then this one which was 4 miles round trip and the last part mostly up a mountain. Very uphill...reminds me of how much I dislike hiking uphill in the heat..not fun but torture. I need to start with baby hikes and work my way up gradually.........Last year some friends who moved to Utah took a bunch of us on "The Hike From Hell" in the canyonlands in the middle of the summer........ In the middle of the day. In the blazing heat and yes part of the group did just about die when the went zooming ahead took a wrong turn and became lost out of water etc etc........ Well i thought i might collapse climbing up up up those ledges and down and up......If i never saw another strange rock formation again..it would be fine.......It felt like I was exiled to another planet to walk endlessly in scorching heat....... Growing up by the Great Lakes usually diving off diving boards all summer and just climbing out long enough to plunge back in......Wet and cool when it's hot! That's the way I like it! ...Uh huh! Besides I am a Pisces. Whatever that means. ...The water sign..the fish. (These dots are the only way i can get any seperation here. The blogger format squishes everthing together. Any other suggestions?)

No comments: